Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you accept credit cards?
Glad you asked! No, we do not accept credit cards. Cash or checks only. There is an ATM machine in the ski shop.
2. Do you allow dogs on your trails?
For the enjoyment of all visitors, dogs are prohibited at Windblown.
3. How do you know that everyone is safely off your trails at the end of the day?
We check our parking lots after 5 p.m. to make sure that all the skiers' cars have left. Please return to the Lodge or your car before 5 p.m.
4. Do you allow mountain biking on your trails in the off-season?
Sorry, we do not permit mountain biking. Our trails are too important to our livelihood to risk any erosion.
5. Can I hike on your trails in the summer?
You may hike through Windblown on the Wapack Trail after mud season, but the rest of the trail system is closed for hiking. The Wapack Trail is a 21-mile ridgeline hiking trail that passes through Windblown. Wapack Trail hikers are asked not to park in Windblown's parking lots. Parking for hiking is along the west side of Route 124 where the Wapack Trail crosses the road.
6. Do you sell new or used ski equipment?
We hold our Annual ski Swap on the first Saturday in December between 9 am and 11 am. We sell new poles throughout the season and occasionally have used skis and boots for sale.
7. When do you start taking reservations for the Warming Hut?
On the first Monday of October at 7 am, we start taking reservations by phone for the following winter season. Weekend nights go fast so plan to call the day reservations open.